Here are a few characteristics of toxic religion:
1. Lack of intellect and a non-intelligent approach to knowledge and the world around you.
2. Absence of a personal and present relationship with God. A disproportionate focus on communal comparative behaviour.
3. Excessive guilt and self-condemnation.
5. An inordinate focus on works and the belief that blessings are earned by service and activity.
6. A suspension of personal responsibility and the outsourcing of direction and decisions to leaders.
7. Tradition and the elevation of culture over basic humanity.In this article, I share a few characteristics of toxic religion. Click To Tweet